For many people, making a New Year’s resolution to exercise more and then dropping it just weeks later is a yearly occurrence.
What’s one thing many of those people have in common? They forget to set realistic fitness goals, and we’re not just talking long-term goals. We’re talking about short-term goals as well. That’s why we’ve put together this list of how you can make fitness goals to help yourself stick to your health plans.
Keep a Fitness Journal
One of the best ways to set fitness goals and stay on track is by keeping a fitness journal. Whether this is in a handwritten notebook or done electronically, record your workouts each day. Then, when the time comes to set goals, write them down to hold yourself accountable.
You can also track your goals using an app like Preva®. Here’s how to set weekly goals using both the Mobile App and the P80 console.
Preva Mobile App: Make Weekly Goals
First, make sure you download the Preva app and then open it with your mobile phone.
- Step 1: Navigate to the “Status” section and then go to “Goal.”
- Step 2: On the “Change Goal” screen, you can easily customise your weekly goal. Choose from the amount of days you want to exercise, your target metric (burning calories, distance, or workout duration), your daily target (for instance, 3 kilometers for “Distance”), and your current focus (be fit, get toned, lose weight, or push performance).
- Step 3: Remember to save your weekly goal.
P80 Console: Make Weekly Goals
If you’re using networked Precor equipment with a P80 console at the gym, then you can set your weekly goals using the console and your Preva account.
- Step 1: Sign in with your Preva account and begin your workout. You’ll then see the “goal compass” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 2: After tapping the “goal compass” icon, you can set your weekly goal with the same options from the Preva app.
- Step 3: Tap “Save” and a snapshot of your weekly goal will appear.
What other ways do you keep track of your fitness goals?