You are here
About Precor: Social Responsibility
At Precor, we carefully consider the social and environmental impacts of our business. It’s why we apply the same passion for product innovation to social responsibility, delivering on a commitment to environmental sustainability and supporting the communities in which we live.
We’ve established a track record of progressive environmental stewardship and gained industry and government recognition for environmental and manufacturing best practices. Throughout our organization, Precor has pursued opportunities to eliminate hazardous substance use and hazardous waste, while increasing recycling and acceptable treatment methods.The Precor record of continuous improvement to protect human health and the environment is evident in multiple honors earned over the past decade from local and state regulators. Precor best-practice honors for its U.S.-based manufacturing include:
LEED CI Gold recognition by the U.S. Green Building Council for the design, construction, and operation of the offices our manufacturing plant in Guilford County, North Carolina
- King County (Washington State) "Distinguished Business in the Green" Award
- King County Industrial Waste "Gold Compliance" Awards
- King County "Model Metal Working Fluid Management Program" designation
- Washington State Department of Ecology Metal Machining Sector "Best Practice" recognition
- Washington State Labor & Industries Model Ergonomic program "Ergonomics-in-Action" award
We also recognize that non-profit organizations play an important role in our communities and support them through the Precor Gives program. Precor Gives was established in 2006 to provide employees a way to support charitable organizations of their choice through company matching contributions. Currently, more than 70 organizations benefit as a result of Precor Gives.