Precor Contact:Precor Media Relations
“Precor Unveils Enhancements to Preva® - the Networked Fitness Solution that’s Changing how People Work Out”
New Personal Accounts Feature Offers Online Access to Personalized Workouts and Goal Tracking from Anywhere in the World
“The future of the fitness industry will increasingly depend on a highly interactive, personalized experience for today’s connected fitness enthusiast,” said Brent Brooks, vice president of Networked Fitness at Precor. “For consumers who expect to access their entertainment, information and personal preferences no matter where they are, Preva Personal Accounts is a natural extension of their active lifestyle because they can access their workout profile, choose their favorite workouts and track their progress toward meeting their fitness goals.”
Two trends are combining to drive increased demand for networked fitness solutions. First, more people worldwide are adding exercise to their daily routines to combat age- and lifestyle-related health risks and live longer, healthier lives. Second, these same people are increasingly using the internet to interact with each other and access digital content as part of the “connected” experience they now want in multiple aspects of their lives.
Given these dual trends, fitness facility operators need better, more cost-effective ways to differentiate their facility, attract and retain members by offering a connected fitness experience, and better manage their fitness equipment for maximum profitability.
Preva—including the new Personal Accounts feature—satisfies both needs:
- For exercisers, Preva banishes dull workouts by providing an intuitive user interface on the P80 console to offer internet content, iPod/iPhone connections, workout suggestions, video tutorials and other engaging fitness experiences. With Preva Personal Accounts, they can customize their workout even further by setting weekly goals and then tracking their progress right on the exercise equipment console through an easy-to-use interface with the latest touch screen technology.
- Preva is cloud based, which means exercisers can log in to any piece of networked Precor 880 cardio line equipment anywhere in the world and have immediate access to their account and personalized workout information, right down to specific settings such as speed and resistance variables as part of their favorite workouts.
- For operators, Preva helps them better manage their business with solutions that help drive revenue, increase retention and provide enhanced cardio management. It enables operators to communicate in real time with their members, monitor equipment use and trends, and better allocate resources, equipment and floor space.
Preva is backed by the strength and innovation of Precor, the industry leader in networked fitness solutions. Precor was the first fitness equipment manufacturer to launch capacitive touchscreens, bringing the fitness industry up to par with other interactive technologies. In 2010, the company unveiled its P80 console, which serves as the user interface for Preva.
The launch of Personal Accounts is the latest enhancements to Preva—all of which are designed to deliver a state-of-the-art fitness experience for exercisers and a competitive edge for fitness facility operators:
- In March of this year, Precor launched Preva Net™ to deliver a wide variety of Internet content to consumers while they work out in a format designed specifically for the in-motion exerciser.
- In October, Precor announced a partnership with EveryMove, Inc. to develop an interactive online and mobile platform where consumers can manage their health and fitness activities, earning rewards and incentives from their health plan, employer and other brands for continuing to progress down their path to fitness.
All Preva features—including Personal Accounts—are automatically included with P80 consoles. As new features are launched, each P80 console will receive software updates remotely over the internet, eliminating any upgrade or troubleshooting efforts by the fitness facility. When networked, there are no ongoing subscription fees for fitness facility operators or members.
Precor has already begun early adopter trials of Preva Personal Accounts at several fitness facilities, and the response has been overwhelmingly positive.
“Our members love the new Preva features,” said Preston Crouser, general manager of Magnuson Athletic Club in Seattle, Washington. “They tell me how much they love tracking their weekly progress, and how motivating it is to achieve their reward badges. We are really happy to work with Precor, it’s more like a partnership -- you can’t go wrong, good relationship and quality product”.
“Precor has spent several years developing a deep understanding of how exercisers want to work out and what they need to achieve their fitness goals,” continued Brooks. “Our design philosophy of “fitness is foremost” guides everything we do, and we expect Preva to become the industry standard for delivering the personalized fitness experience consumers crave and the competitive advantage fitness facility operators demand.”
Exercisers can sign up for Preva Personal Accounts at any networked fitness facility worldwide with the latest software installed on their Precor 880 cardio line fitness equipment. For more information about Preva, please visit www.preva.com.
Founded in the Seattle, WA area in 1980, Precor designs and builds premium fitness equipment for effective workouts that feel smooth and natural. Precor continually redefines the levels of innovation, quality, and service necessary to deliver the very best fitness experiences – all with the goal of improving the ways people improve themselves.
Precor is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation (www.amersports.com), the world’s largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Arc’Teryx and Mavic. Precor operates production, distribution and a headquarters facility near Seattle, with offices in the UK, Germany, Benelux, Spain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Japan and China. All Amer Sports companies develop and manufacture technically advanced products that improve the performance of active sports participants. Amer Sports operates in 24 countries and employs over 6,500 staff worldwide. In 2011, Amer Sports' net sales were EUR 1.88 billion.