About Precor: Social Responsibility
At Precor, we carefully consider the social and environmental impacts of our business. It’s why we apply the same passion for product innovation to social responsibility, delivering on a commitment to environmental sustainability and supporting the communities in which we live.
We’ve established a track record of progressive environmental stewardship, and gained industry and government recognition for environmental and manufacturing best practices. The Precor record of continuous improvement to protect human health and the environment is evident in multiple honors earned over the past decade from local and state regulators.
Throughout our U.S.-based offices in Washington and North Carolina, Precor has pursued opportunities to eliminate hazardous substances and waste, while increasing recycling and acceptable treatment methods. The design, construction, and operation of the Precor office in Greensboro, North Carolina are LEED CI Gold-certified by the U.S. Green Building Council, and most of our initiatives for this status were carried over into the manufacturing area as well.
Additional Precor best-practice honors for our U.S.-based manufacturing include:
- King County Distinguished Business in the Green Award
- King County Industrial Waste Gold Compliance Award
- King County Industrial Waste Commitment To Compliance Award
- King County Model Metal Working Fluid Management Program designation
- Washington State Department of Ecology Metal Machining Sector Best Practice recognition
- Washington State Labor & Industries Model Ergonomic program Ergonomics-in-Action Award
- Seattle Business Magazine’s 2015 Community Impact Awards: Sustainability in Business Operations
- City of Greensboro Industrial Waste Award for Pretreatment Excellence: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- North Carolina OSHA Gold: 2012 and 2016; OSHA Silver: 2013 and 2014
- 94% landfill diversion rate: over 760 tons of waste are recycled or reused annually
Looking ahead, we are continuing our company-wide commitment to the environment through initiatives to reduce energy consumption, recycle, compost, and reduce waste.
“I believe in mutual respect and the overwhelming returns of sharing.” – Precor Creed
We recognize that non-profit organizations play an important role in our communities and support them through the Precor Gives program. Since its introduction in 2006, Precor employee donations—combined with our Precor Gives matching program and corporate donations—have totaled over $2.3 million, supporting local, national, and international charities.
Our employees embody our creed by participating in many volunteer and team charity events, including: Northwest Harvest, Children’s Home Society, Secret Harbor Holiday Gifting, Heart Walk, Operation Bedroll, and Fred Hutchinson’s Obliteride.