Queenax™ of the Week: Superset Circuit
Queenax™ of the Week: Superset Circuit
Perform this total body Queenax™ Superset workout independently, or experience it as a small group circuit workout incorporating the exercises below. This program incorporates all seven Queenax movement types using seven different Queenax Apps and Optionals that are found on most Queenax configurations.
This time efficient workout challenges coordination and muscular endurance, while also increasing caloric expenditure.
Queenax, Plyometric Platform, Mobile Parallels, Wall Bars, Superfunctional™, Up Strength, Torso Trainer, Battle Rope
- Perform superset exercises back-to-back with minimal rest.
- Perform each exercise for 30, 45 or 60 seconds.
- Recover for 1-2 minutes after each superset before transitioning to next superset.
- Complete all supersets and repeat entire circuit 1-2 more times.
Exercise 1: Upper Body Push - Plyometric Platform
#1: Angled Push-Up
- Select training angle.
- Position hands on sides of platform.
- Perform a push-up, keeping neutral spine.
- Avoid leading with head.
- Adjust platform height.
- Put hands on platform and jump back into push-up position.
- Perform push-up.
- Load and explode into a box jump.
- Jump off platform and repeat.
Exercise 2: Squat – Wall Bars
#1: Split Squats
- Select a staggered stance and hold on to Wall Bars at chest height.
- Bend back knee and drop down into split squat.
- Use arms and legs to pull up to standing position.
#2: Jumping Spider Squats
- Set hands and feet wide on Wall Bars.
- Keep chest upright while sitting back into hips and bending knees.
- Keep hands on bars and explosively jump feet up to next highest bar, squatting down upon landing.
- Keep feet on bars and explosively jump hands up to next bar level, squatting down once a firm grip is secured.
- Continue alternating hand and feet jumps up the Wall Bars until a high beam or ceiling restricts movement.
- Jump down the Wall Bars with the same rhythm.
Exercise 3: Core & Hips – Up Strength
- Sit on floor in an L position with arms extended holding handles.
- Depress shoulders, tuck knees and roll feet up toward ceiling.
- Return to starting position and repeat.
#2: Army Crawls
- Rest elbows on ground below the training bar and set feet in stirrups.
- Crawl forward, extending legs into plank position.
- Continue to crawl forward as far as possible.
- Crawl back to starting position and repeat.
Exercise 4: Upper Body Pull – Mobile Parallels
#1: Supine Rows
- Position Mobile Parallels slightly higher than hip height on Wall Bars.
- Hold grips with straight arms, and back parallel to the floor.
- Bend the elbows, pulling body and chest toward hands.
#2: Lateral Sway
- Position Mobile Parallels at high height.
- Hold both grips facing Wall Bars with feet lifted off the floor.
- Shift weight from one hand to the other by gently swaying and lifting hands.
Exercise 5: Lunge – Superfunctional
#1: Suspended Lunge
- Set bar at lowest level.
- Stand in front of bar (bar should be directly below Training Bar).
- Set toes on bar and reach back into lunge.
#2: Lunge with Rotation
- Set bar at waist level.
- With hands wide on bar, step into forward lunge and reach bar across body.
- Focus on bending back knee to reduce stress on front leg.
- Return to starting position and repeat on opposite leg.
Exercise 6: Twist – Torso Trainer
#1: Hip Extension
- Face anchor and hold end of bar in one hand.
- Lift one leg and hinge at waist, dropping chest toward floor.
- Keep neck, spine and foot in line during hinge.
- Lower leg and return to standing position.
#2: Standing Rotation with Straight Arms
- Face anchor and hold bar in both hands.
- With straight arms, rotate upper body and pivot to right side.
- Return to starting position and repeat on opposite side.
Exercise 7: Sport/Skill/Play – Battle Rope
#1: Squat Jacks
- Stand tall with both arms overhead, holding on to battle ropes with both hands.
- Jump down into a wide squat with arms to the side.
- Jump back to starting position.
- Stand facing anchor holding on to one end of rope.
- Pull rope through mini wall bars until only the other end has not pulled through.
- Grab on to the opposite end of rope and pull through again.